TextExpander is your typing shortcut tool for Mac
Type out short abbreviations and watch them expand into longer chunks of text and pictures, such as personal typo corrections, email signatures with links and images, long paragraphs of directions, and much more. See what's new in this version!
The TextExpander app works on your devices to expand snippets as you type. TextExpander keeps all your snippets current, everywhere. Use TextExpander.com to share snippets with friends and coworkers.
- Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
- Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
- Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
- Suggests snippets from phrases you habitually type
- Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
- Integrated TextExpander online service and Apps
- Access your snippets on all your devices with your TextExpander user account
- Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
- Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
- Organize snippets into groups
- Search snippets from menu bar or via keyboard shortcut
- Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
- HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
- Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
- Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
- Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
- Reminds you of missed opportunities to use your abbreviations
- Print snippets by group
- Import from TypeIt4Me, Spell Catcher, and comma- or tab-separated text files
Designed for ease-of-use, TextExpander works seamlessly as you type.