What can EtreCheck do for you?
- EtreCheck is a free tool that explains what is going on inside your Macintosh.
- EtreCheck consolidates information from over 50 different diagnostics tasks and displays it all on one concise report.
- EtreCheck can identify common problems like a failing hard drive or lack of system memory.
- EtreCheck can remove adware.
- Finally, even if the EtreCheck report doesn’t mean much to you, it may help someone on Apple Support Communities help you get your Macintosh back in good working order.
EtreCheck reports the following information:
- Exact Macintosh model.
- Installed RAM size and speed.
- RAM upgrade instructions from Apple (if applicable to your machine)
- Link to Apple technical specifications for your machine.
- Link to Apple user guide for your machine.
- Link to Apple service and warranty information for your machine.
- Installed hard disk model, manufacturer, size, type, and free space.
- Video graphics card and attached displays.
- Attached USB, Firewire, and Thunderbolt peripherals and external hard drives.
- 3rd party kernel extensions.
- Hidden software that is always running in the background.
- Information about your Time Machine backup.
- Any unusual system modifications.
- Tasks sorted by CPU usage.
- Tasks sorted by RAM usage.
- Free and used RAM.
- Kernel panic reports, crash reports, and other diagnostics.
EtreCheck can detect and report the following serious problems:
- Failing hard disk drive.
- Insufficient RAM.
- Failed background tasks.
- Potential security risks.
- Lack of Time Machine backup.
- Runaway processes.
- Obsolete software.
EtreCheck can even remove adware.
Each individual line in the EtreCheck report may not have much meaning by itself. But taken together, the whole report tells a story about what is going on inside your Macintosh.