Eternal Lands is a FREE 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game).
So why play Eternal Lands, when there are so many free MMORPGs out there? Well, there are many reasons why, but here are a few:
- Friendly community. Most of the people here are friendly, and they will try to help you if they can.
- There are 12 skills in the game: Attack, Defense, Harvest, Alchemy, Magic, Potion, Summoning, Manufacturing, Crafting, Engineering, Tailoring and Ranging.
- There are no fixed class restrictions, so you can develop your character in any way you wish. You, as a player, determine exactly how you develop your character. If you make mistakes, or decide to change or adjust your build, you can do so.
- Eternal Lands is not just about combat. Many players focus on more peaceful activities such as collecting resources, creating items, summoning monsters and so on. But if you like combat, there is plenty of it as well, both PvP and PvE.
- The game client is relatively small, the download being only 50MB. That's under a minute on a cable modem, and a few minutes on a DSL connection.
- Eternal Lands is a multiplatform game, running on Windows, Linux and OSX (Mac). The client is open source.
Things to do:
- Fighting: You can fight monsters and other players, hunt animals, or join with a group of friends and take them on together!
- Harvest & Manufacture: Mine ores that you turn into bars of iron, steel, titanium and make various armor and weapons. Or pick flowers and herbs that you mix together to create potions or magical essences.
- Summoning & Magic: Summon an animal or monster to follow and fight for you! Or Become a Mage and cast deadly spells on opponents, or heal your companions.
- Roleplay with friends! There's always someone new to talk to, global or private channels, guilds to join, places to explore, all with an easy to use chat interface.